domingo, 12 de agosto de 2018

Father and daughter

Father and daughter. 

                                                                           
Sam
Hi Dad.

Dad
Hi Sam!

Sam
Are you feeling better? 

Dad
Not really, it's not being an easy recovery

Sam
You didn't do what I told you, did you? You'd have a much better recovery, trust me.. (pause) Anyway, if you rest a couple more days you'll be fine...

Dad
Hope so

Sam
 But ... actually I wanted to talk to you

Dad
Oh do you? What about?

Sam
 You know that I've never put myself in yours and mum's life... but I think she's going through a really tough time and I think that this time she's not managing on her own. She seams very distracted, if you know what I mean?

Dad
Well... I do but I don't to be honest. 
Why are you telling me this? 
I think she left it very clear the last time she didn't want any help from me. I mean, she was fine... we were fine she just simply wants to be on her own, or make her own decisions.. you know how she is..

Sam
I do, and thats why I'm telling you this... she needs help, and I don't know what to do? or how to do it.
 And then there's always that thing, I don't want to get involved but I feel I can't leave her alone, can I? Can you please help? 

Dad
What thing?

Sam
Dad...Come on

Dad
Seriously, there's always so many things with your mom, I kind of lost track.

Sam
Well, the fact that she can't paint again

Dad 
Oh come on... you girls are too dramatic

Sam
Dad, I think you haven't realise the seriouness of this situation. She cant hold a brush

Dad 
What d'you mean?

Sam
She literally can't hold on to a brush without starting to shake

Dad
Is it that bad?

Sam
Yes, Dad. I've tried to tell you

Dad
When? I didn't realise it was physical!
 I thought it was all in her mind. That's very sad, unfortunatly. Have she been to a doctor?

Sam
Yes... but

Dad
what?

Sam
It's nothing in specific, I mean the doctors can't find the reason

Dad
But when did this started? 

Sam
Starting to affect her work properly, probably three months ago

Dad
What three months?

Sam
Yep

Dad
Shit...(long pause) that... three months, you said?

Sam
Yes.. what? 

Dad
Nothing nothing its just... a long time

Sam
Exactly... So can you help her?

Dad
Well, yes.. sure.. I mean, I don't know exactly how you wanted me to help...but sure...

Sam
Well... You can start by fixing her hand the same way you destroied it. I can't hear her complaining anymore. Go and fix both of you....

Dad
Sam!!!



Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário